Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hi.

My name is Alicia.  I am starting this blog with one goal in mind-to create the blog I have been searching for the past year.  The way I see it, if I'm looking for it, surely at least one other person out of six billion is as well.  I like to read blogs that are written by people going through the same things as me and interested in the same things as me.
To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, this is what my last year has been like-in chronological order, of course :)

  • Taught fourth grade as a long term substitute
  • Got married
  • Lost my mother to cancer
  • Got pregnant and had to stop working because of health problems
  • Built a house (right beside my dad)
  • Had my son two and a half months early because of preeclampsia
  • Became a stay at home mom to my wonderful son and a miniature schnauzer
  • Took up sewing (successfully) and knitting (semi-successfully)
Now, I realize most blogs usually have a central and slightly less scatterbrained topic than what I was looking for.  I mean honestly, who else has a year like that?  Hopefully not many...it almost wore me out.  But, that's life, right?  Anywho, I'm planning on mainly writing about DIY/craft ideas, especially stuff for my house I have yet to fully decorate and for my son.  I seriously think there must be a law against selling cute boy stuff in stores, because I have yet to find it.  But as I always say (or think, at least) if you can't buy it, make it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog..keep it up! Sorry you had to go through all that. I agree they don't have as much for boys as they do girls. Which I have two bous and remodling..lol..there is so little to do. Awesome your sewing I thought about starting that up also. I have been knitting for the past yr. I love it. Well good luck.. Look foward to reading more!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete