Sunday, September 18, 2011

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

Man, these are good!
I found the recipe for the chicken on pinterest.  If you want to check out the original recipe, click here
I made the chicken just like she did, but I added a little bit to the sandwich to make it that much more special :)
The sandwich is juicy and flavorful, but boy, is it hot!  Make sure to drink you a big glass of milk when you eat it ;)

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
1 bag frozen skinless boneless chicken (The original post said a three pound bag, but I only had about two pounds, and it made four sandwiches).
1 bottle hot sauce (I used Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix (She said use almost the whole packet, I used all of it).
4 good sub rolls
butter
provolone cheese (Two slices per sandwich)
blue cheese dressing (optional-I liked this, Brian didn't.  But then again, I like blue cheese, and he doesn't).

Put chicken (do not thaw), whole bottle of hot sauce, and ranch mix in the crock pot.  Cook on high for three hours or on low for six.  When chicken is done, shred it and put it back it the crock pot with a couple pats of butter.  Let it cook on low for another hour or until you are ready to eat it.  Melt a pat of butter in a skillet and toast the inside halves of the sub rolls.  Spoon chicken onto bottom half of sub roll.  Cover with provolone cheese and microwave for 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.  Top with blue cheese dressing, if desired.  Pour a big glass of milk and enjoy!

1 comment: