Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dear McDonald's

Have any of you guys ever found something delicious at a restaurant that you absolutely cannot live without? Then, the restaurant gets rid of the product, and you realize you can live without it, but you are still quite upset and maybe a little teary-eyed. Well, that was exactly how I felt about McDonald's honey mustard from several years ago. It was in a ketchup-ish package instead of the little tub. Ohh, it was so delicious. I dipped everything in it....my fries, my sandwiches. Sometimes, I would even take several packages home with me for my refrigerator stockpile. This was before they started charging for extra sauce. I have a simple little trick for that if your local McDonald's decides to charge for extra sauce. Wait until you already pay for your order. Then, ask for the sauce. The guy will say, "I'm sorry. That will be an extra so and so cents." Then, you say, "No problem," as you hand him your debit card. They won't want to run the debit card for an extra .16 cents. So, Voila! Free sauce like it should be! Anyway, back to the honey mustard. I decided to email McDonald's. Maybe they will tell me where I can find that delicious honey mustard. Here is my email:

Dear McDonald's,

Years ago, you guys had this absolutely delicious honey mustard. It was in a ketchup-like package instead of the little tub like it is now. Well, I really miss that sauce. Can you tell me what brand it was, so that I can find it in a store or order it online? By the way, congratulations on your new sweet chili sauce! It is incredibly fabulous! Have a wonderful day. Thank you!

Ashley McIntire


So, hopefully, they will get back to me on that. Have any of you guys tasted that wonderfully fantastic sweet chili sauce? Mmmmm! So tasty! Here is a recipe for it.

2 tablespoons water
2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup light corn syrup
6 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons chili sauce (Huy Fong brand or similar)
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash ground cayenne pepper
dash garlic powder

In a small bowl, combine the water and vinegar. Whisk in cornstarch and make sure no lumps are in the mixture.

Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the cornstarh mixture, corn syrup, sugar, chili sauce, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking for about 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Let the sauce cool, uncovered.

I will be making this sauce as soon as possible! Have a great day!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment